Monday, September 14, 2015

Just a Walk in the Park

My friend Lisa and I met up to take a walk through downtown. I thought the track made a circuit, but it terminated at a church on one end, and a road on the other... strange.

Along the way we snapped pictures and endured having wood chips thrown at us by a heathen child. Well Lisa did, because she tried to interact with him. That's what you get for being nice... ignore them and they go away.

A festive spot... but the Queen wasn't invited to the party...


Actually I think this was all duded up for the car show this past weekend.


Life after death... the little flower that could...


I had a Flash Gordon moment


Yes, tree roots still fascinate me... 


An outcropping at the back of the park. I have always wanted something like this in my backyard... but no... we have an electrical easement instead. 


I would like one of these too please.


We cheated today. Day 22 out of 28 and we couldn't stand it anymore. We were running errands and starving and we caved.


I sort of regretted it but not completely. This is a 'taco salad'... I was (in some respects) trying to behave... but the cheese and sour cream and tortilla chips say otherwise. Although I do have to say... I wasn't hungry until dinnertime.

Was it good? It was as good as it looks. So not very. But for some reason my body still wants this instead of tuna salad with no mayo.

At least our errands were fruitful. I have effectively been talked out of the restaurant business, but we applied for jobs and found another job lead in the unlikeliest of places. Weird story about being referred to someone for something that wasn't their forte, but in the process of talking to them subjects came up and odd coincidences happened... And we may save money on insurance to boot.

So tomorrow is new day, and we'll see what happens because as I have learned... you just can't plan these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment