Friday, September 18, 2015

A Walk in the Park

Cedars of Lebanon park to be exact. We had a meeting and nothing better to do afterward. You'll have to forgive the Queen, her royal mood is not good at the moment so this will be a primarily pictorial post.

But not of birds. So rest easy bird haters... I hope you like rocks.

And spiders.


See what you get when you get tired of bird pictures?

Wanna see it closer?


No? Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you said yes. My bad.

The King noticed this orb weaver repelling from the sky near our back fence.

The orb weaver also noticed him and took up a defensive posture.


Don't kill me your majesty, I only eat bugs.


No worries, the Queen thinks you're too big to approach and the King will leave you alone unless you attack first.

A cave in the park.


A moss art piece.


It may look like the remnants of an old tree, but to those in the know, it's a fairy ring.



More moss. There were several different kinds.


Ooh look - rocks! The type of rock that we have in the creek down the road, so I wonder if there was once water here.


Or maybe it's giant poop. My hypothesis will make sense in a bit.




Cup holder.





The Queen almost stole this from the park and brought it home as an art piece. Isn't it gorgeous?


The Queen has become quite the little kleptomaniac lately hasn't she? No... because it's still there...

And here we see the King taking photos of the cave. Freaky huh? It's like there's an alternate reality where time coexists and folds in on itself!



Inside the cave


More gorgeousness.


The trail


Another cliffy area.




When there's a will there's a way.


And this is a giant hole in the ground. It's enough to make you wonder what you're walking on.



Don't make this tree angry, it will eatchoo!


This is the biggest burl I've ever seen... It would make a lovely piece of furniture...


But maybe it's the foot of a giant and not a tree at all.

(now think back to the giant poop reference)


Don't step on the King!!!



More moss.


More fairy ring.



Cedar bark.


Me and my shadow... That's not a burl, or even a saggy boob - that's my camera bag.


And it is definitely not a tumah!

Spiderweb all shiny in the sun.


And finally... a real fungi.


See what I did there? 'k. Goodnight y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment