Saturday, September 26, 2015

Forging New Ground

Today I sold at a farmer's market for the first time.

I was nervous because I didn't know what to expect. Would I sell anything? How much foot traffic would there be? Would I fit in?

As it turns out, I enjoyed it. Met some nice people and enjoyed being outside on a cool fall day. Convinced people that drinking vinegar isn't weird. I would call it a success.



I sold four bottles of shrub concentrate and traded an additional four for this kind of homemade yumminess... pickled okra and pickled green beans.



I also got six summer squash, a pound or two of beans, two spaghetti squash, three acorn squash, three sweet peppers, three bell peppers, some parsley, okra, dried mint, cherry tomatoes and two potatoes.



And then there are these... not a good photo but it doesn't matter... don't judge the pickles by my photo, they are delicious. I wish I'd gotten another jar. I ate half of them before I decided to take a photo.



So next week I will go back with more concentrates, sweet potato fudge and hummus. But for tonight I'm going to sit back and relax and watch horror movies because I find them inexplicably relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment