Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Goldfinch Babies Part II

More cuteness. 

It didn't feel cold to me but I guess it did to them.


What to do when you don't have a coat? Poof! Puff out your feathers of course!


Now they look like chicken babies.



Then one of them hopped over to the other to say hello.


Hi there.


You have something on your beak, just there. Let me get that off for you.


Stop nitpicking! I'm going to sit on this branch - don't follow me.


And you with the camera... give me a break...


Okay, maybe one more. This is my good side.


Hello Mr. Hummingbird.


Dad dropped by for a snack.


And mom flitted down too.


And then it was home in the magnolia tree for the evening.


A bedtime snack.


Since the King was tilling up the flowerbed today I added a couple of plants to the till. Mums were on sale, $0.94/ea, so I picked up two yellow and two scarlet.


And these crocuses, tulips and irises looked pretty.


Behold the virgin ground...


I just need to incorporate some topsoil and then I can start planting. We will also be piling up the stumps so we'll at least have some moundage, then we can just build out as we go.

Our barn is apparently in good shape, just needs a little work done where someone (long ago) drove a truck into the side of it. So we will soon have tobacco hanging in the barn, and a bushhogged field to boot. We think we found a great deal on some posts, so then all we'd need is an auger and some fencing to start putting that field to use with MOO COWS!!!!

And we found out that sawmills sell scrap... since there are several in the area we should be able to find what we need to build the chicken coop. We just need someone to level out the spot we marked.

Speaking of chickens, this is my dream flock.

A Golden Polish.


A Golden Wyndacote.

A Black Silkie Bantam.


A White Silkie Bantam.


And a Sebright... gorgeous isn't she? I want one, I want one, I want... ten!


Seems like it took forever, but we have finally started to find our place out here. I guess you just have to want it bad enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment