Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Fine Feathers

The royal carriage has gotten quite a workout this week.

Yesterday I drove to Bowling Green. A friend was able to find an agency to take Tucker, the stray who wandered up to our house a couple of months ago. We looked for his family but unfortunately no one stepped forward... He is a sweet puppy but we never intended to keep him, and he deserves people who fully appreciate him.

I won't lie, it's nice to have our situation back to normal. No kennel in the bedroom, not wading through dogs to walk through the house. I felt good about leaving him because he was happy when I left, tail wagging so hard that his body moved with it. He even put on his best puppy face and made the volunteers fall in love with him. It made for a long day but it was worth the drive to know he'll be safe wherever he ends up.

And I was able to create this postcard from a photo I took along the way. I was a little disappointed that the GPS took me down a main road because there's not as much to see and it's harder to pull over to snap a pic... but I do like the simplicity of this one (I'm biased, of course):


Today was the weekly royal rendezvous in Nashville. Time with the King, and yummy ice cream afterward - peanut butter ice cream! Real peanut butter ice cream - not cheater peanut butter ice cream that's basically vanilla with peanut butter swirled in. Grrr...

Another long drive.

On the way home I stopped in and put a deposit on the RV park where the King will be relocating. It's nice because it cuts that bill in half and we can use the money on other things (like paying down more bills and finishing our chicken coop).

And in my spare time (after feeding/watering/cleaning up after chickens, ducks and dogs) I have been working on my business, creating logos, email funnels and a website. I'm also becoming quite the troubleshooter.

My website banner:


Sign up for my emails if you dare 


My logo


When I'm not doing that I relax by terrifying playing with the chickens. I am fascinated by the nuggets. They are no longer fluffy butts because they are already sprouting tail feathers - all that from an egg!

Not to be outdone by the King, I put a chicken on my shoulders.


Every time I pick them up they flap their wings and I had to share, because I think they are gorgeous.




Even Howard and Sweet Lucy are started to get feathers. The King says Howard is in an awkward phase... I have to agree, it looks like he got a bad haircut.


And to think, this morning that water was clean...

No comments:

Post a Comment