Monday, October 12, 2015

Shut Up and Grow It

My friend Jo called me to see if I wanted to go with her on an errand. I decided it would be nice to get out of the house and hang out so off we went, to Shut Up and Grow It.

SUAGI is a commune where people live off the land and build things out of recycled materials. They have a lot of neat stuff, like a library, an outdoor kitchen, a greenhouse, an orchard... Like a little town on several acres all to themselves.

And then there were these guys.


You may or may not be aware of the Queen's fondness for goats... but um... I like goats and really want some for myself someday.


These flowers are pretty. They are growing just outside the pumphouse.


They too collect driftwood.


And there are chickens, like this little lady. The Queen wants chickens too...


More flowers growing just outside the shower.


A pond near Claire's house. Just a nice place to come and sit and ponder life.


The pig was very friendly and curious. Claire was rubbing her back with some Thai basil that she picked from the garden.


Hello people!


This is a goat's skull. Poor baby was killed by another goat and the coyotes took care of the rest.


I thought the tree art on the back of the camper was pretty cool.


After that we ran more errands and stopped at a local store where they butcher their own meat. So many cool nooks and crannies around me that I didn't know about. What a fun day!

Tonight we will be going to the local mexican restaurant because it's the King's birthday. I was going to make rellenos but the store only had one poblano... I needed at least three but hoped to get five. I guess it's just as well. I'm pooped from running around all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment