Thursday, October 8, 2015

Livin' La Vida Low-Key

Not much going on around these parts lately. Each day sort of blends into the next... It's become a waiting game.

The King gets up before dawn and returns home at dusk. He gets to drive big trucks now and likes being an outside kitty who gets to come home at night. And the Queen waits... for him to come home... for things to come to fruition... for dinner to finish cooking...

Why shouldn't the King enjoy being outside when he gets to look at this every day? Ooooh...


Aaaaaaah...


Tennessee is so pretty.


As for the Queen... same-old, same-old. Some laundry. Let dogs out. Some dishes. Let dogs in. Clean the bird feeders. Let dogs out. Change the sheets. Let dogs in.

Marvel at how the Queen's mother didn't know we switched bedspreads but managed to buy sheets that match.


Even when we fold the comforter down they match.


Like, perfectly.

It's also a marvel that this is a king sized comforter that I bought months ago in anticipation of a king sized bed, but it doesn't swallow our queen-sized bed.

I'm seriously considering painting a wall that color. Just the wall behind the headboard. The pictures don't do it justice. It's a freakin' gorgeous color.

And then I made dinner. Manicotti. Yum.


I wish you could scratch and sniff your screen. This is one of the recipes I make that is restaurant worthy. AND it makes leftovers. Yea for leftovers!

I'm debating a trip to Gallatin tomorrow. I have a couple of coupons I'm dying to use for things that our Walmart doesn't stock. But mostly I want to visit the Goodwill to see if I can find interview appropriate clothes. I guess it all depends on the weather... or maybe the whether... as in whether I feel like driving all that way. Ha! The Queen is amused.

This job too, rests in the hands of a city council. I am up against 20 other candidates and I hope I am the most impressive. I told them I worked at NASA but didn't tell them I was a the Queen High Mistress of the Universe. I felt that would either be an unfair advantage or it would be intimidating.  :) My friend, and fellow Queen, Queen Mary, suggested it would be even more impressive if I told them I got to wear the spacesuit. Maybe I'll try to work that in.

In any case, I want to be ready in case they call. I feel like I'm waiting for a date to prom... I thought they liked me... why aren't they calling... crap, maybe they're going to ask someone else... what am I going to wear... I want to let them know I'm interested without being too flirty...

When I asked for prayers and positive thoughts, a friend said the job is already mine, I just have to accept it. I like that.

I accept.



No comments:

Post a Comment