Friday, October 30, 2015

Mrs. Todd Part Deux

Yesterday gave me wanderlust. I wanted to see what else was out there on roads I haven't traveled. The more remote, the better. Remember I like horror movies.

But first... this blue jay made a rare appearance in the bird garden.


What a gorgeous bird!

And on with the tour!

I couldn't even tell you where I went, I just took whatever road looked interesting and ended up in Kentucky before turning around to come home when the light started to fade.

This is an unusual tobacco barn.


More pretty horses.


Another road all for me.


Dead corn, dead corn, dead corn... Trees!


Another lucky moo cow.


Goats that ran out in front of my car. This is not an adequate goat fence, it's kind of a joke actually. There was a baby goat that was soooooo incredibly adorable, but the sun was behind it so I couldn't get a picture.


When I went to Scotland for the first time, we took a train and there was one part of the forest that was just white tree after white tree after white tree. I should have shot video of it, it was the most beautiful thing. This reminds me of it a little bit.


You can tell some of them aren't used very often... ask me how...


This is where Somara lives. I drove by quietly. She never sleeps you know... she never... sleeps...


This looked inviting. I like the menagerie of colors.


Of course, these were a little more stunning.


My grandfather used to drive around and take photos of chimneys and old houses. So now you know where I get it from.


So as I was saying yesterday... leaves covering the road...


This was an idyllic scene. Huge tree, little piece of fence peeking out. I initially thought it was a bench, which seemed perfect.


One of my favorite pics of the day.


And another barn.


Deer just hanging out.


More barns. Maybe I have a problem.


Oh.

My.

God.

This house was humongous. And the farm was humongous.


This is my other favorite photo. It was a really pretty area. My GPS said I could keep going and meet up with another road... no... not unless my car could fly...

  



I love the way the hills roll. Gorgeous.



Then I came home and made chicken enchiladas with mexican rice and black beans. That's what I'm selling at the farmer's market tomorrow.


It's a lot of work, and I've decided if things aren't better this weekend, I'm done. It's too much time and effort to do this and not sell anything. I have fun talking to everyone, but I can just go visit if I want.


The dinner also comes with Creamy Jalapeno Ranch, Salsa and Creamy Avocado Dip. $7.50, I think that's fair for two enchiladas and all the fixins. And if no one else does, then the King and I have dinner for the week and some to freeze.

And now it's time for the Queen to relax and snuggle with the royal hounds. Adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment