Thursday, August 13, 2015

The Day of Fun

The King and I have been working hard lately and it was time to take a day off to enjoy ourselves. So we hopped in the royal carriage and took the scenic route.

Around here every route seems scenic.

This is the big green barn. I have now seen red, black, green and today we even saw a white barn.


By the way, the hawk was perched on the electrical wire again today. First time in over a year... and guess what? It was then that I realized I'd forgotten my camera.

He flew off anyway. Just to spite me. Like, "I know you're wondering if I'll still be here when you return with your camera... buh-bye." 

This is the so-called "backwater" route.



I would like to be on a boat. Out there. In that backwater.



I was looking forward to getting a gorgeous photo as we crossed a bridge near the Gore's property... yes those Gore's... but they rerouted the road and are in the process of taking down the bridge... what? I blame the Gore's... but the view is still gorgeous. 



Imagine how much more picturesque it would have been from up there...



Speaking of picturesque.



I would trade the castle for this house.



It's amazing how much things have changed in the last year or two. Hairburger is completely closed (we call it that because it's burger joint in front, barber shop in back... like the business version of a mullet). Too bad, they actually had good burgers.

So we had lunch at the local gas station/convenience store/restaurant. It's changed ownership since we were there last. And we stopped by to see a friend.

Then it was time to hit the road - no rest for the wicked!

Yes, you've seen this dam before. Do we have a dam problem?

I didn't think so. :) 



It's like deja vu... or deja view



But guess what? Just down the road is the most amazing scenic overlook of all... we have decided to move our things there and see if we can just take it over without anyone noticing. 



Can you imagine looking at this every day?



And then you turn your head a little to the right and see this?


Dam, what a view.


Of course, we'd have to evict this guy... he's a little creepy with the big fly eyes, cockroach legs and grasshopper body. But also kinda cute like a cabbage patch kid.

What the hell is he???



Enough about him. I'm obsessed with the view.



It's a really nice view.



It's a view that rocks.


  
This is a hill of beans. Some of you will get it, some won't. But it doesn't matter.

(see what I did there?)



The royal chainsaw has been working very hard lately and needed to be sharpened. Who better to do that than Mayor Tom?

Sparks flew...



Meet Ludwig. After we met him we decided we wanted a great dane because he is such a cool dog, and that's how we ended up with Daisy Bear, who is also a cool dog.



And perhaps the best part of all - the King found my favorite ring today! I found this moonstone ring at one of the apartments I lived in long ago. I knocked on a couple of doors but no one claimed it, so it's mine, mine, mine.

(and it's my lucky ring)





And that was our day.

Tomorrow we will smoke some brisket and ribs in our new electric smoker while we work on the tree. It's exhausting, but oddly satisfying, and for the first time since we moved in, it is starting to feel like a castle.

2 comments: