Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Much Ado About Nothing

The blog really should be called "much to do... we did nothing." Which isn't exactly true, but not exactly false either.

It's been sprinkling for the last two days, so we could have gone back down to the basement, but we didn't. The King has been telecommuting. I've been cooking. Nothing else really got done.

The barbecue is gone, so we have carnitas now. Carnitas are yummy y'all. Mr. Bo-Bo certainly thinks so.


Daisy Bear thinks so too.


Time for a siesta.



Another praying mantis. I was removing some of the poison ivy from the house when I noticed him.

He noticed me too. Creeeeeeepy.



No mom, I didn't touch the poison ivy. :)

I've been putting together recipe notebook 2.0. The first one got doused in oil somewhere along the way, so it was legible but I could no longer add recipes.



Why write them instead of typing them or simply saving them to Pinterest?

Nostalgia. My mom has a little notebook of recipes that she wrote out and I'll inherit that someday. It will be a little piece of her with her fancy schmancy handwriting. I like handwritten stuff, it's a lost art so I appreciate the effort it takes.

I don't have kids to pass the notebook to, but I hope one of my relatives steps up and reveals themselves to be culinarily inclined. If so, maybe they'll appreciate it... if they can read it. I know, my handwriting looks like a cross between shorthand and chicken scratch. But if you can decipher it, these are the best of the best, the recipes I make time and again.

I know you've missed the birds.



It's so hard to get a good picture of Daisy Bear. She's either a silhouette or the sun is behind her and she's blurred out... but she's such a pretty girl... just look at that face.



Adieu for now... maybe tomorrow there will be more to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment