Thursday, August 20, 2015

The Benny Hill Show... with Hummingbirds

We have three hummingbirds. Two that like each other, and one... whose perseverance is impressive. He gets chased away hundreds of times a day but still comes back to the feeders. It's a wonder he doesn't starve. In fact, I figure most of the energy the hummingbirds get from the nectar in the feeders is completely expended in their efforts to approach and/or defend said feeders.

What is all the ruckus?


No ruckus Mr. Pigeon. The missus and I are just enjoying an early dinner.



Let me just finish up here.



Oh no... not him again.



Fly away!



Do you see him? Lying in wait?



Let me help you. I have eagle eyes!



Oh deary dear... these hummingbirds... why can't we just get along?




Little hummingbird is just waiting for his nemesis to come around. 


See? Just there in the red circle. 



I suppose we need to move one of the feeders further into the yard. I have plans to put it in another flower bed but we need to till it up first. I don't know why the ruby throated hummers are so aggressive but they can't seem to get along and defending his turf is a never ending job so I guess I have to be the adult here.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment