Tuesday, July 28, 2015

The Royal Diet

There are two meanings to the word diet... one implies starving oneself to lose weight, and the other simply means the food you eat. This is the meaning the Queen prefers.

The Queen loves food. It's obvious to all who gaze upon her curvaceous figure.

I have learned that the spread you use when you make a sandwich will greatly affect the flavor, and by adding pressed garlic to mayonnaise, any sandwich can attain greatness.

I broiled broccoli, yellow bell pepper and onions to soften and caramelize them. While that was going on, I fried the bacon. Then I smeared garlic mayo on the bread, added the veggies and topped it with fresh mozzarella before broiling it a second time.

I have to say, it was tasty.



This is an amalgamation of ingredients that I tossed into a bowl because I didn't want to cook. It's basically a can of chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans), a packet of tuna, a handful of shelled pistachios, a few kalamata olives that I chopped up, some fresh yellow bell pepper, fresh mozzarella in small cubes, and a bed of arugula. The dressing is just salt, pepper, red wine vinegar and olive oil. Then it was topped with a little manchego.

Delicious and filling... and plenty of leftovers.


Chicken, Blueberry & Arugula Salad. One of the most delicious things I've eaten.

If you recall, the Queen went blueberry picking last week, so I still had a few fresh blueberries that needed to be used up. I also needed to trim up my basil, so I decided to make a salad. You can find the recipe here



The Queen totally buys into the idea that food should look good and taste good, too, and these three dishes filled that bill nicely. And they are simple. I imagine being able to eat more like them if have a garden full of veggies.

Speaking of which, I already have a tiny sproutling from my lettuce planting the other day! That was quick. It will be interesting to see what it grows into, my bet is arugula, and that suits me fine because I eat it all the time. If I can grow a continual supply of it, the Queen will be most happy indeed.

As for the rest of the transplants and cuttings, they still appear to be alive, so perhaps I did something right.

No comments:

Post a Comment